Thursday, April 12, 2012

Returning from 2+ Years

[:1]I'm returning from atleast 2 years of being away from diablo 2 LOD, and was wondering what the best class is for Solo MFing in Hell.

Bosses I'd want to be able to do:

Mephisto, Andariel, Countess, and Baal.

Currently, I'm using a BLizz sorc, but everyone and there mother is Cold Immune.

Will I atleast be able to do Andariel, Mephisto and the Countess?

I'll prob be using Shako, Enigma, Stormshield, Kalaidoscope, SOJ x2, Sandtrek Eth, Magefist, Arachnid Mesh, and Death's fathom.

or should I make a new char, and what should I make?

I mainly just want to be able to MF in hell in popular places for High Runes, and other high level equipment.



Thanks.|||Welcome,

A Blizzard sorceress should be able to handle Andy and Mephisto pretty easily. Baal and Countess on the other hand require a good mercenary for the immunes. The Countess in particular is both fire and cold immune in hell. Her dark rouges that assist her are always lightning immune. This creates a nightmare for a single tree sorceress. Also she does not drop the highest runes. Unless you are looking for the keys I'd try somewhere else for high runes. I'm not sure where on the realms is good for runes. I play single player and our spots would get a temp-ban if we ran them on the realms.

Have you thought about the Ancient Tunnels (Lost City in Act II)? This place is great for a Blizzard sorceress, no natural cold immunes. As for the cold immunes, unless you hate leaving monsters alive I'd suggest skipping over them if you can.

For Baal there is always a Fishyzon (Lightning Fury and Frozen Arrow Amazon):

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=464188

I'm sure others will post with other good suggestions. I'd wait and see if any of those catch your attention as well before you make a new character. Good luck.|||A blizz sorc is great for MFing if you don't get bored running the same areas a lot. As Ladvarian said, AT is hard to beat for a blizz sorc. Run it enough and you will eventually find every item in the game- might be a while before Tyrael's drops though. If you're on BNet you will have to be careful about bans, but you can also run other areas with a blizz sorc.

For runes the council in Travincal is the best target (LK chests are great in SP too, if they don't bore you too much, but they are not as good if you have to find them every time, as you do online.) A blizz sorc can mostly handle them, either ignoring the CI council members, or letting the merc take care of them. But the optimal build for that is a barbarian, because of hork.

WSK is a great target. In addition to the Fishyzon you might look at the Fishymancer. I'm not crazy about summoning 'mancers, because I find it a bit boring to let my minions do all the work. But there is no arguing with their safety and effectiveness in WSK, which is probably the best all-around target in the game if you can handle it.

Countess is good for utility runes- if you want to put together a lot of Spirit sets she is wonderful, particularly in 1.13. But she can't drop the really big stuff, so other targets are probably better. I've never had a problem killing her even when she is immune to my sorc's attacks. As long as you can kill her minions your merc should be able to take her down pretty fast if he is well geared.|||Alright thanks, and yeah I don't get bored running the same thing over and over :P

1 comment:

  1. Invest in Ethereum on eToro the World’s Best Social Trading Network!

    Join millions who have already found easier strategies for investing in Ethereum...

    Learn from profitable eToro traders or copy their trades automatically!

    ReplyDelete