Thursday, April 12, 2012

WHERE do I put my attribute points ? Each Class

[:1]Hey all,

new to Diablo2. Played the first one, thought I'd mess around with the second one seen as I've played everything else.

The attributes Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Energy. I've found it very hard to find good information online that tells me what they each do and what points to put into each for starting characters. Everywhere I look, the information I get is very end game and using terminology that I don't understand yet about the game.

So without using any " do the blizzballbombboom build " type answers.. can you just tell me for each class as a newb, where should I put my points.

Ie:

Barbarian:

Put your first 20 points in strength + why

Put the next 20 in vitality + why

etc

and then .. spec 10 points into this Shout and why.



Thanks very much, ive treaded through countless threads but again, its all too advanced for me to grasp at this early stage.|||You ask for a lot mate! :)

But Ill try to help you, at least a little!

About stats:

Strength:

** Required to wear specific items. Like any shields/armor/helms/boots/belts/gloves/weapons.

** Also increases dmg dealt by 1%/strength. With melee weapons.(not bows etc..)

Dexterity:

** Required for some weapons. Specifically swords/bows/crossbows/daggers/throwing weapons.

** Increases dmg done with bows/crossbows by 1%/dexterity.

** Increases your Attack Rating with 5/dexterity. Attack rating increases your chance to hit a target. Max chance to hit is 95% (can be explained further)

** Increases your chance to block with a used shield. Paladins have the highest base block % on shields. Max block is 75%

Vitality:

** Increases hit points by an amount. barbarians and Druids get most hp/vitality.

Energy:

** Increases your mana, needed for spells/skills.



Distribution of stats...

Usually its like this:

from lvl 1 spend only in stats you need atm!

Some strength for the early armors you find. 60 is probably enough til act 4.

Dexterity, if you rely on physical attacks (barbarian etc..), try to have at least 70% chance to hit.

Vitality, spend as much you can spare here, life will always be the single best stat to spend points in!!

Energy, Only invest here if you use spells alot. Many characters doesnt really need to spend any points here at all!



Will add more info when I have time!!!



peace|||Thanks !

Finally some good basic info!

So, lets say if I was playing a barbarian..

bring his strength up to 60 until act 4

bring his dex to 60

rest vitality?|||Shortly, yes!|||My general rule of thumb is enough dexterity for 75% bloc, enough strength to wear my equipment, and the rest into Vitality. Early on I may sink a few points into Energy for mana intensive characters, but I don't mind swilling a blue potion every once in a while. This approach works with any build / character.|||Ah okay, but how can I tell how high my block rate is? Also when you say enough strength to wear equipment, what is the minimum strength every class should have to wear items ?|||Same for all classes for the same equipment. You are new and wont get the items elite players get. That is spoken of in the guides and so on..

Take as much strength as you currently need. (Yay found a rare armor! Need 17 more srength.. Get 4 lvls and put in 17 strength! or find Charms with strength bonus on)

About block rate, AND much more. Hold your mouse over your stats in the Character screen.

If you hold it over your defense, you'll se the block rating you have atm. remember you need a shield equipt too see that!

The dexterity needed for 75% block increases as you get higher lvl. The block % on your shield also affects your final block!

Try searching the internet for "block generator diablo 2".|||Brilliant, thanks so much ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment