Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cold spells effect question

I have been noticing since starting nightmare level with my cold sorceress that the enemies that freeze and die are being resurrected. In normal, this was not the case. When I started in on a pack of fallen in normal, the shaman could not bring them back to life if I was using my cold spells. Is that something that changes in Nightmare level?|||If they shatter into pools of melting ice water, they cannot be resurrected. If they're simply cold and die but a body remains, they can be resurrected. My understanding is that this is true regardless of difficulty. Good luck!|||I just noticed what you said when I was watching really closely. The bodies that melted did not resurrect, but the ones that didnt melt did. I wonder what the calculation is in this? If more bodies melt in normal, less in nightmare, and even less in hell? I guess the reason I am looking at this so closely is because I am getting ready to use my only respec in nightmare to switch over to fire/ice. I have up until now used Orb and Glacial spike with really good success. But, the move to nightmare has resulted in more cold immunes and me being in trouble and having to let my merc kill them. I am getting ready to fight Duriel, my least favorite boss in the whole game. I have had more trouble with Duriel than all the other bosses combined.

Thanks for the help.|||If a monster is killed while being frozen (glacial spike can achieve that), it always shatters. Chilled ones shatter 25% of the time when being killed. Freezing times are reduced in hell mode IIRC and I guess you are using less glacial spikes there as well .

BTW, the ice trolls in act 5 always shatter on death.|||Anything that pops into ice cubes won't resurrect on any difficult afaik. For instance on your pack of fallen example fallen 1 freezes and shatters he cant be resurrected but Fallen 2 who was only chilled and died horribly can be resurrected. Duriel can really suck on any difficulty for a sorc without a good merc.|||Duriel is not really a problem for a sorc, maybe except on normal. She will static him down as much as possible while the merc keeps him away from her and if the merc dies, switch to hit and run tactics, just as she does with any act boss. His HF aura doesn't have a big area of effect, but if she gets frozen, she can still teleport away. Maybe it's a problem in normal mode, but not in nightmare and hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment