Wednesday, April 18, 2012

singeplayer patching question

hello, im currently playing diablo 2 lod singleplayer with patch 1.07.

Is it possible to patch the game and still keep playing with my savegame file? I'm not willing to start the game all over again, so I need to know if I should patch or not.

I just didn't find an answer anywhere so I had to make a thread. sorry.

Also why do I have to play like 2 hours to get a new level? I'm level 19 or so. Is this just the way diablo is? I heard that you get xp faster in multiplayer. Whats the deal?|||You can have multiple installation versions - I suggest visiting the Single Player Forum and reading this: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...95&postcount=5

Please note that if you bring your existing character forward to 1.13 (or any other patch), it cannot time travel back to 1.07.

The 1.07 patch is very difficult. One aspect of this, is that it doesn't let you use the /players x command for quick levelling. In 1.10 and later, you can type /players x where x is a number between 1 and 8. This mimics having additional non-partied players in the game. For example, typing /players 8 will simulate eight additional non-partied players. I usually stay at /players 8 through normal and nightmare, and drop it down to /players 1 for Hell. (I may raise it when repeatedly running a single target, such as Baal at /players 3.)

Welcome to our forums, and I wish you the best of luck!|||@noodle, 1.09 and later, don't you remember /p64?|||Yes! Hitting one cow over and over and over again . . . wasn't there a patch that allowed /players 264, or some ridiculous number?

Edit: Nope, it looks like /players 64 was the highest, in 1.09. Monsters' hitpoints were 3400% of /players 1 . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment