Monday, April 16, 2012

Poison damage useful at all?

Suppose I am a zealot (or bowazon). Is it useful to have like 100 damage over 5 damage small charms in my inventory? Or is poison damage bugged?

Also, does 2 of them stack? Like 200 damage over 5 seconds now?

Thank you!|||I suppose it can be to help keep the monsters from regenerating life. Some classes even use it as a main source of damage such as poison necros. The link below will help with calculations. There is even a excel spreadsheet calculator in the link.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=711678|||I have one 377 poison damage charm. When I first put it in my inventory, my character screen showed the "increase" in damage. But when I started going out to the monsters area and attack them, after a while the damage resumed to as before (as if there was no poison damage charm).

is this a bug? Or is my poison damage charm not working properly?|||Sounds to me like it might be what most of us affectionately call the LCS (the lying character screen).

LCS explained

http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Lying_Character_Screen

I have just one question about the damage listed. Does it change back to exactly the lowered damage before the charm was in your inventory or is it that it changes once your aura or mercenaries aura kicks in? Often times the listed damage is actually wrong hence the name listed above. The game tries to be accurate in what it displays though.

If you could give us a listing of your items and what the damage changes to might help. Hopefully someone who has played more recently than I have and used poison damage more can help as well.|||What I have in my inventory:

1 Hellfire torch

1 Annihilus charm

Several +Max damage grand charms (about 4)

2 Paladin combat charms

Several small charms with +5res

Tome of town portal

Tome of identify

1 x 377 poison small damage charm

I equip a tal mask ("um"-ed), Maras, BK ring, Raven Frost, Dracul's, gore riders, thundergod's vigor, grief, exile and fortitude.

Combat skill in use is zeal. Aura is Fanaticism.

When I first join a game, the damage listed would be something like 2300-2400 (around there). When I went out and started hitting monsters, it would drop back to 2000-2100.

It will not ever change back to 2300-2400 again. (only time it will show 2300-2400 is when I first join a game)

My mercenary died and I did not revive him. So there's no mercenary auras.|||Quote:








What I have in my inventory:

1 Hellfire torch

1 Annihilus charm

Several +Max damage grand charms (about 4)

2 Paladin combat charms

Several small charms with +5res

Tome of town portal

Tome of identify

1 x 377 poison small damage charm

I equip a tal mask ("um"-ed), Maras, BK ring, Raven Frost, Dracul's, gore riders, thundergod's vigor, grief, exile and fortitude.

Combat skill in use is zeal. Aura is Fanaticism.

When I first join a game, the damage listed would be something like 2300-2400 (around there). When I went out and started hitting monsters, it would drop back to 2000-2100.

It will not ever change back to 2300-2400 again. (only time it will show 2300-2400 is when I first join a game)

My mercenary died and I did not revive him. So there's no mercenary auras.




rw grief has venom on striking. when is venom active, duration of all sources of poison dmg is overwritten with venom duration (0,4 sec, 10 frames) and dmg is equally reduced. e.g. 377 poison dmg/5 sec sc has efect: 30,16 poison dmg in 10 frames (0,4 sec). i think its not useful and recommend u +min/ar/life small charm in this case |||Thanks! That's very useful and good to know.

By the way, I didn't see that "attribute" (venom on striking) on the runeword list?|||Quote:








Thanks! That's very useful and good to know.

By the way, I didn't see that "attribute" (venom on striking) on the runeword list?




Grief 5 Socket Swords/Axes Eth + Tir + Lo + Mal + Ral


Quote:




35% Chance To Cast Level 15 Venom On Striking




+30-40% Increased Attack Speed (varies)

Damage +340-400 (varies)

Ignore Target's Defense

-25% Target Defense

+(1.875 per character level) 1.875-185.625% Damage To Demons (Based on Character Level)

Adds 5-30 Fire Damage

-20-25% To Enemy Poison Resistance (varies)

20% Deadly Strike

Prevent Monster Heal

+2 To Mana After Each Kill

+10-15 Life After Each Kill (varies)|||Thanks again. I really missed that out. |||Quote:








Thanks again. I really missed that out.




no problem :)

venom on 15.lvl has poison dmg 305-325. that's not bad and united with 20-25% To Enemy Poison Resistance from grief even a little better. so don't worry, u dont need other source of poison...(u can stack it with trangouls gloves )

No comments:

Post a Comment