Friday, April 13, 2012

Hello Mangs :)

[:1]My name is Herrick. I haven't played Diablo 1 or 2 in 9 or 10 years. I never even finished Diablo 2. I'd like to get back into both games and maybe even play online. I had the old Battle Chest back in the day but it's long gone now.

I'm looking at a used Battle Chest on Ebay with a "working CD key for Diablo 2" & a "guaranteed working CD key" for Lord of Destruction. The seller has 99.4% positive feedback. Has anyone ever bought a used copy and been able to play online? I wouln't mind buying a new one but they don't come with Diablo 1 anymore. Why is that? Also, it's very annoying that a lot of online stores (including Blizzard) are using the picture of the OLD Battle Chest that came with Diablo 1, but in reality they are selling the new version...for $30.

I did a search for this topic but I couldn't find anything. Sorry if I missed it. I'm sure it's been brought many times over the years.|||Welcome back! I'd say there is a risk associated with buying a used Battle Chest, as the key might continue to be used by the original owner, rendering you unable to connect. The high positive rating may help mitigate the risk, but an element of it would remain. Keep in mind that the current patch allows people to play without the physical CD, so the original owner may very well continue playing. Best of luck to you whichever route you end up taking.|||Would I at least be able to play singleplayer?

Edit: Ha ha, I just noticed your Planet of the Apes picture. I usually use a picture of Cornelius as my avatar on forums.|||Yes, you can play SP as long as it is a valid CD key, even if someone else uses or has used it.

I have bought at least 2-3 battle chests off eBay and been fine. A good rated seller should resolve any issues I would imagine.|||Quote:








Yes, you can play SP as long as it is a valid CD key, even if someone else uses or has used it.

I have bought at least 2-3 battle chests off eBay and been fine. A good rated seller should resolve any issues I would imagine.




All right, thanks a lot for the info. My primary concern is being able to play the singleplayer. If the multiplayer works, I'll just consider that a bonus. I probably won't even play multiplayer anyway. Thanks again!|||And just fyi, you will be fine to play in a tcp/IP game no matter what, which is used with your single player characters anyways. GL on everything, and if you are playing single player, feel free to pop in to the single player forum and ask any questions.|||fwiw, since I lost my old cds my friends and I bought the cd keys from some d2 trading sites and downloaded the game clients from bnet. About 8 bucks for both d2 and lod? Haven't had any problems so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment