Friday, April 13, 2012

question about muling

[:1]Hi all, long time SP here, trying online play for the first time. I had a question about muling your items.

Twice now after I have dropped some items on the ground and quit the game with the intention of bringing in another char to grab the items, I find I can't log in anymore. This seems to last about 10-15 minutes, and my items are of course gone by then. It really sucks to lose that stuff, and I have this sneaky suspicion that the game is somehow detecting that I am muling and am getting a temp ban.

If this is the case, I wasn't aware that this sort of thing was against the rules.... do you think this is what is happening to me? The other realms work fine, just the one I was on stops letting me connect.|||You get a temp ban when you enter too many games too fast. I don't know the number, but I think it's something like more than 3 games in 3 minuets or something around there.

My procedure (before I got 2 comps) was to make Pword game, do something for 5-10 minuets, leave game, come back 1 minute later, wait another 1-2 minutes, drop stuff on ground, return with second character. This is about the safest thing you can do without a second person in game. Leaving and coming back the first time ensures that the game has been permed, and will stay available for about 3-5 minutes even with no one in it. And make sure that you do not leave and come back with different mules too quickly.



Oh yea, and come back to SP after your done with that :P|||Quote:








You get a temp ban when you enter too many games too fast. I don't know the number, but I think it's something like more than 3 games in 3 minuets or something around there.

My procedure (before I got 2 comps) was to make Pword game, do something for 5-10 minuets, leave game, come back 1 minute later, wait another 1-2 minutes, drop stuff on ground, return with second character. This is about the safest thing you can do without a second person in game. Leaving and coming back the first time ensures that the game has been permed, and will stay available for about 3-5 minutes even with no one in it. And make sure that you do not leave and come back with different mules too quickly.



Oh yea, and come back to SP after your done with that :P




Thanks for the info, thats what I suspected... sucks I lost some nice stuff. *cry*

I love single player, but even with dups floating around, stuff you get online feels more 'legit' to me, I guess because even though I don't, its so easy to cheat in SP. That doesn't make much sense I suppose lol.|||Doesn't make a lot of sense, but I know what you mean. I played US East for a lot of years, I miss only a few parts of it.

Getting a trusted friend is really the best solution, but that's pretty tough to do.

GL on your adventures |||get a friend to the game :/

No comments:

Post a Comment