Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sharing same Ip address with mate

[:1]Hi, im new to forums and ive been playing diablo II for a little but getting into it. Well my mate has Diablo 2 and hes coming over this weekend and i was wondering if we would still be able to play together, because we both have laptops but we will be using the same ip address, for him to connect to my internet. I just wanted to know if Diablo would let us play and not Temp ban us or something because some guy told me that sharing same ip will temp ban you or something like that.

Thanks,|||It will work. You have to use different game keys, of course.|||thanks for that|||Just becareful if you're both switching games a lot, the temp ban system (where you get locked out of Bnet for a seemingly random ammount of time) checks how quickly the IP is joining games/how many games it's joined in X ammount of time, not the account or character.

Trust me, 2 of my housemates play D2, and when one of us is baal running it's not uncommon for it + the other 2 standard playing to get us temp banned.

Edit: Acctualy, l'll be honest, it's usually my fault when we get temp banned :)|||ok ill be careful about switching alot. luckily i dont do that much:P

No comments:

Post a Comment