Friday, April 13, 2012

Fresh to the pack

[:1]Hello everyone,

My name is Jonathan and I'll be 20 in September. I started playing D2 back around the first ladder/season of 1.10, so like 8-9 years ago?

I recently started playing D2 again Single Player with the guidelines established on the SPF, I already hit 69 and am in A5, in a few days. Still learning a lot more about D2, the internal mechanics, how the framerates work, mods, etc. I also did some d2 modding like 3-5 years ago.

I'm interested in 2 things atm:

Wondering if I could make my own Red/Color rune mod (with moderator approval).

Making my own D2gfx.dll, I did see someone on the SPF posting about the mechanics of it. It would be good since I wouldn't need to rely on others to do it for me. I do like to be independent.

I'm also interested in 1.09a -> 1.13c time traveling. I haven't done it yet because I thought it was a cheap way of doing things, but I'm slowly changing my mind and rationalizing in the form of: If I played an older patch, technically it wouldn't be a problem to move it forward.. it's just like a normal b.net patch update. Of course you get a lot of benefits though ;D.

There are a few things I like about 1.09a:

You get experience even beyond 2 screens (BIG THING since I usually play by myself and it would make my life so much easier to self level).

Blocking quests aren't there (or as enforced)

No experience cap over 75 or 85 (don't remember correctly)

Anyways that's basically it.

Thanks for reading.|||Welcome! Questions about what the Single Player community here will accept should probably be directed to Thyiad, the SPF moderator. Given that the Red Rune Mod was commonly accepted before 1.13 made it redundant, I would expect it to be OK. I've never messed around with the .dll stuff before, so have no input I'm afraid. Good luck!|||Well its hard to get why you would want to redo what others have already done, but I guess I can see it in a way, so good luck

I'll also link the SPF FAQ & Rules Which may clear up any issues you have, and it also contains Thyiad's email (since people with less than 10 posts can't pm)

Feel free to stop by the Single Player Forum sometime and say hello!|||Thanks guys!

I'm a Computer Science major so I guess I like to pick at things in code so I can learn and develop a better understanding. But overall it's fun. I couldn't find a 1.09 specific RRM so that's my primary motivation. I'm not sure if the Pre-1.13 RRM works on 1.09.

As for the FAQ, I've been reading through it extensively for like the past week. Very good stuff, I have a lot more to read though.|||I don't believe there is a rrm for 1.09 or earlier. I have heard some people say they have it, but I don't think its in the stickies. I play 1.07, and rrm would certainly be nice.|||I guess I'll have to make RRM for 1.07-1.09 if possible, most likely it is.

EDIT:

I finished making a clean RRM for versions 1.07, 1.08, 1.09A, B, D. I will be releasing it once I get Thyiad's approval.

EDIT2:

Thyiad denied the RRM for 1.07-1.09d. I will just use it myself since I don't trade nor MP.

I have deleted your trader profile. Thyiad

No comments:

Post a Comment