Thursday, April 19, 2012

Back to D2 after few years

Hey all,

I played D2 about 5-6 years ago. I used to play when I was in high school but I quit shortly a year or two into school.

I am looking forward to playing D3 and I was bored so I decided to pick up D2 again. Obviously I will be starting from scratch and will have no items/gold/char etc.

So I used to play a sorc and a necro, but I never really had any good gear even when I played. I just played to have some fun. But this time around, I want at least a decent char (at least that I can kill some higher level stuff with :)).

I don't really like sorc after playing too much, and I mostly don't like other classes except amazon. So I decided to make a lightning amazon. I read that its not too expensive and is a decent mf runner.

Anything changed with amazons or can I follow a basic build? Would any of you recommend a starting build? Also would it be painful for me to do this without any gear whatsoever?

Downloading as I type so should be able to play in a day or two.

Thanks!|||Well yeah, javazon has the best crowd control spell, lf IMO, and cs is awesome against big bosses. you can play javazon with decent gear, at least try to get titans, rest of the gear is not that critical.

However, Light immunes can be annihilated with jab, but it's not fast. This site actually has some great builds for both pvm/pvp

TL;DR - Wealth = speed, but Midgear Javazon is OK|||You might try playing a "fishyzon". This is a hybrid Lightning Fury + Freezing Arrow amazon. There is a guide somewhere on this fourm (either in the amazon forum or the single player forum).

The only problem with playing a pure lightning amazon is that there are lightning immune enemies in Hell difficulty, so having a backup attack fixes that problem. The fishyzon uses Freezing Arrow, but the "gunslinger" uses strafe as a backup.

The main difference between the two obvious hybrid options is that the first one aligns with the "caster" focus of the skill Lightning Fury (+skills are the most important item bonus), whereas the second hybrid option requires you to have some items focus on physical damage, which detracts from the main attack skill (since you could otherwise focus on +skills).

Both are quite viable, but the first is probably the easiest if you have a limited stash of items available.|||Here is the link to the Fishyzon that SinckerSnack mentioned:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=464188

No comments:

Post a Comment