Thursday, April 19, 2012

Is it worth coming back now?

Hi.

I used to play on US East Ladder a while ago, and stopped for (at the then time, wonderful) a game called MapleStory. I came back intermittently every couple of months, and I eventually quit MapleStory (the Big Bang announcement and the item potential system made me want to delete my account). Recently, I got into the game Guild Wars with my wife, and while she's taking somewhat of a break, I'm still attempting to play at least one hour per night.

Last time I played Diablo 2, the "recent" patch had made Baal runs almost obsolete, while everyone was farming experience in Uber Tristram. Then, the ladder reset, and I decided to focus on one game at a time, so I gave away my CD key information to a friend.

So, now that Diablo 3 is on the way, as well as Guild Wars 2, I'm thinking of trying my hand at playing a little bit again. But now, the question is, "Is it worth it?" Should I start the long arduous process of hoarding lower end items and eventually mid scale items, and maybe one or two "good" items, only to be called a "noob" several times and ridiculed by the once 12 year old, now 17 year old elitists who haven't stopped playing this whole time?

Or ... should I just stick to Guild Wars?|||Stick to Guild Wars.|||Maple Story rocks!|||It's still basically the same..except you don't get exp from the uber trist skele's and such anymore. I don't know if you looked at the patch updates but a couple "good" changes were made.



The only real problem now is the 6 trillion spam bots.|||I remember you!

The spam bots were never a big deal for me. I was always in dnd mode if I wasn't in the channel where we would all meet up for runs and such.

If I do come back, I'll have to go get some cd keys, because I'll want to drag my wife into the game to show her why I always moo like a hell bovine ...|||I really would suggest that you would start playing in SP. No lag, spambots ect. Also Multiplaying can be done via the TCP/IP

Sure, no torch or annihlus (only obtainable from chicken), but you can always timetravel back to 1.07 :)|||Is there a lot of lag on the servers these days? I would imagine if Blizzard is actually patching, they would upkeep the servers. Or is it just the massively large amount of bots out there that are causing all the lag?|||It kinda depends. The desynching while playing a frenzy barb is VERY irritating.|||or do what a friend of mine did: he set up his very own private d2 realm (how, I have no idea, but it shouldn't be hard to figure out) so now he and his wife play d2 whenever they want, no resets, no busted economy, no bots of any kind (!!!!) and with annis and torches and they just play when they feel like it.|||Sounds interesting, but also sounds like a violation of the ToS. I'll have to think about it before I decide to do something that intensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment