Saturday, April 21, 2012

In need of some kind of guiding force!

Hello!

I�m a new player to D2. My first time playing ever. Have played to act III on Singel Player but nothing on bnet until now.

I�ve created my Paladin and atm going for a Frost Zealot build since I read about it and it seems fun to play.

But the key in D2, as I understand is to have some kind of MF-char, so you can find items and then trade for others to upgrade your other chars.

Online I got the tip to do a Sorc to start of because they are not soo item dependent.

Because this is my first time and I dont know anybody (none of my irl friends are playing D2) I wonder how the fastes way to lvl up a sorc, is it to just sit back and try to find runs? Trist, tomb and so on?

Well, thats just a little start, will be adding more questions as they pop up in my head.

Thanks// Teddzoon|||Don't worry about mfing yet, just play for the enjoyment. Focus on leveling your character up while doing the quests, advance both through the acts and difficulties. If you feel underpowered you can join some standard leveling runs I guess, but for a new player doing so would ruin the experience imo. I'd instead suggest going into those rarely visited areas to kill more stuff instead of skipping them.

Play with only what you find as far as possible. If you hit a hurdle and are having problems continuing then rather then mfing you should try doing countess runs to get runes (countess is the super unique monster at the bottom level of the tower in act one, black march). Finding the runes for some useful low level runewords is far easier then getting basic gear by mfing.

some potentially useful runewords:

leaf

insight

spirit

stealth

lore

smoke

Rhyme

more info and runeword list:

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp...unewords.shtml





Patch 1.13 added respects so you can restat and reskill your character into a more proper mfing build later on after having gotten to the common mfing targets.|||Mkay, just keep levling up and running through the game as normal then.

Read around and traded to me a couple of runes so i got the "Black" runeword for the 40% Crushing Blow stat which I notice when I play does alot of damage.

edit: This is for my Paladin ofc. Whom I playing the most!|||An "Io" rune. Nice work. I am with Kijya. Play the levels thru and enjoy. The items keep the game interesting as you play longer, but try to hang onto the enjoyment of playing the levels as long as you can.|||Yes, I traded that to me for a Perfect Gem. Seemed like a fair trade.

Otherwise it's going smooth. I�m now level 42 and on the last q of Act I on Nightmare. Dont have to much trouble with the monsters and the gameplay keeps me playing more. As you said, gorey, the items keeps the game interesting. Got a few +skills stuff to other classes, so might try to trade them for some +paladin skills or just save for future use.|||How do you trade something to yourself? |||I traded that from someone else to myself |||Andariel went down without any trouble. Advanced to level 44 during the cleanup of the catacombs.

Stats right now are following:

Strenght: 75

Dexterity: 98

Vitality: 144

Energy: 15

Zeal damage (including cold dmg from Holy Freeze) : 335-511

Holy Freeze damage: 64-66

Zeal attack rating (including merc Blessed Aim): 4739

Defense: 412 (67% chance to block)

Fairly nice, in my opinion, but what do I know really? haha

No comments:

Post a Comment