Thursday, April 19, 2012

Buriza

Kinda of a noob here. I played SP for years, stopped in 07' but now reviving my skills for D3 if and when it comes out. Christmas 11 ?

Anyhoo, 1.10 irked me when Frenzied snowmen beat the tar out of my bowazon. This happened for days. Got frustrated and quit. I knew when I was whooped !

I guess I have a few questions. I made a LF Zon and she kicks but through NM. Insane how well she kills non LI's . But alas, WSK the LI's start annoying and in Hell mode the pack of skellies by Blood Raven are giving me trouble. They are wasting my merc and it is taking me 10 minutes to kill them. I had planned to use PJ and thought this would be a snap as it does 10K damage.

These suckers just wont die ! I have PJ maxed and like 5 in PoJ at lvl 78.

I have 2 ways to go, stay true to my build and get a few more points in PoJ for the synergy. I also just found Trang's gloves which should get me up in the 12-13K range. Or.... should I go with a Buriza I just found ? I have 1 point in all the bow prereqs for FA and Strafe. With + skills I should have lvl 6 strafe. Will the damage from Buriza be a good alternative to Poj ? Also, how much damage does PJ have to be able to do to be effective in Hell or is it even obtainable ?

PS. Been running NM meph and have my pick of exceptional gloves, boots and armor. Any suggestions ? have 2 raven frosts ,2 manald heals and a cat's eye. NO Titan's yet : (

Thanx......|||Sounds like you might wanna try Hybrid? Hopefully you have a respec saved still.

Fortunately in this guide, Buriza is actually shown on the gear choices at option #3, so you should be able to adapt it very quickly to your character:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=643918|||I guess that is one of my points since Plague isn't working out too well. Will plague work at all in Hell ? The guide I read said it would but Maybe I need more + skills ? Right now I am Running NM Meph and stashing stuff in Atma, Mainly to find a Titan's but have had a great run of luck finding some decent items (just about everything else besides Titans). I got the Trang's gloves and Buriza within 10 minutes of each other which both gave me new hope. I also got 3 socket tigulated mail that I may make "Peace" with. Not sure if I should do it with tigulated or wait for better armor in Hell. With Peace armor I would be up to lvl 29 plague. Still dont know if that would be good enough. I am thinking I need to have plague up to at least 25K damage to be worth trying since 10k damage is insanely slow. Without + skill charms, don't know how achievable it is. The Buriza just gave me an alternate way to go. I tried the Goldstrike in NM WSK but it was lame against NM gloams. Merc took them out faster than I could

As far as skill realignment, I am running V1.12. I guess I could upgrade versions and use the DoE quest in Hell to move wasted skills back into bow tree.

Is plague totally worthless in SP untwinked mode ?|||Quote:








Is plague totally worthless in SP untwinked mode ?




Not at all (I think Insane Wayne took a poison javazon through the whole game on /players 8 in a tournament), but many undead monsters are highly resistant to poison. For example, the Hungry Dead that Blood Raven summons have 75% poison resistance on Hell difficulty.|||I guess it is my playing style or patience that is worthless. Didn't think about them being almost immune was my problem. Makes sense. Will try this morning when I get home. Trang's and Peace out to give me 2-3k more damage. I have also thought about just poking them with jab. Wish somebody would cough up the Titan's. Right now using a +3 skill 40% IAS throwing spear/harpoon ? Not sure, it is fast but Phys. dam. is not that high.I guess I could put on Cat's eye and LoH brambles and be really fast poking? Hmmmm.... Still wish a Titan's would fall...........Thanx !|||I got home, put on Tal's mask,SotV armor,LoH mitts, 2 ravenfrosts,Natalya's boots, and a +1 skill,85 mana,14 resist all ,+2 mana/kill ammy and tried the Buritto in Hell. Walked right into an LI/PI porcupine with AMP damage and got fried. After that I started paying attention and smoking all the LI skellies with the Buritto and slvl4 FA.This is giving me 1600 physical and 300 cold damage. Red and Blue bulbs stayed way full. Everything just freezes until it dies or I run out of bolts ! Went to NM WSK to pop some gloams and they went down easy. Burrito rocks, i guess it is just a little slow. Now I kinda wish I went FA,Strafe,LF/CS route. I guess I could lvl and get Strafe up to 10 bolts by lvl 85 and just use FA/RF to freeze. May salvage this character afterall. The PJ came in handy for the LI/CI stone skin I ran into. Had something for him too. Ran the crypt and got an UM to boot. Wish I had more skills focus.|||I'm sure I have an extra Titan's I could e-mail you, unless you're playing strictly self-found. If interested, PM me your e-mail address and I can send it to you tonight. I'm Single Player, Forum Accepted Mod's. (RRM / RWM)|||The PIs will become tougher quite soon, but Atma's Scarab helps a lot versus them once it has triggered Amp on them. Get rid of that mana/kill amulet.

A Buriza is nice until you are done with nightmare, but beyond that, better use a better weapon, like upped, dual shael Witchwild, shaeled WF or a Faith GMB (and be prepared to have Razortail and enough investments in pierce to keep up 100%). Also, as soon as you can afford it, get a Fortitude armor. Strafe zons don't have much off-weapon %ed (not counting LoH here, its bonus only applies to demons), so that runeword will boost damage significantly.|||I am doing ok now in Hell mode. Did a little cheat. I had been playing pure SP and knew I didn't like PJ so I downloaded PlugY, realigned my skills for a truer hybrid. Now I have a pretty good strafer and LF/CS zon. I also knew eventually I would need to make CoH or Fortitude runeword. Fort looks easier to make but is Ladder only. Now I should be able to make Ladder runewords(once I have the runes).

Have LF/CS maxed,Strafe @ 15 w + skills, lvl 17 Valk with + skills on Bow side,1 in D/E/A. Got Crit Strike to 50% and 4 in penetrate with + sk. She can run pits fairly easy now without dying. Probably a little slower than most but have only done 2 runs. Of coarse my new problem is now with the PlugY mod.|||Please see my other post in your question about this program.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=790648

No comments:

Post a Comment