Saturday, April 21, 2012

so what do I do with my 40+ perfect gems?

My gem mule is full. Lots of green, purple, blue, red, and a few Diamonds. I've collected and cubed-up and now I have no idea why I'm saving them. I keep several Topaz on another char because I know what they're for -- great MF when I find the right 4-socket armor and maybe a 3-socket helm.

I'd post in the trade forum, but I'm not sure what I'd be trading FOR, exactly. Armor with 700+ or 800+ defense? I have 3 chars in the 56-70 range, but no armor better than about 420 so far.

Thanks for any good ideas.|||You can buy nearly anything for perfect gems, they are currency items.

Regarding the question of what to buy, that depends a lot of the type and specialization of your characters. Don't spend anything for some armor just because it has a defense of 800! With 40 pgems you can do better than wear a ptopazed armor and helm. For example, Get a Tarnhelm with 45+% MF and add a ptopaz, then buy a Wealth armor or the runews to make that runeword).

You can also save them up until you have enough for something good. Don't hesitate to have a few mules full of pgems, it's no problem to get them sold, even great numbers of them. Alternatively you can sell them for runes, but medium and high runes slowly lose value, so I wouldn't do it if you don't intend to do something with the runes quickly.|||Or do what I prefer to do: reroll Baal charms. I rolled a life skiller last night with ~25 pgms. But then again it's all about luck, you would probably use them all and get nothing from it|||As soon as you have a certain amount of wealth, you might become too lazy to bother with muling pgems back and forth and use them on Baal GCs, but that's certainly not the case at the point where you consider to use a ptopazed helm and armor for MF. My personal rule of thumb is that if my characters are good enough to find GCs from hell Baal/Diablo/Nihlathak GCs, then I'm wealthy enough to use my gems on rerolling them.|||Thanks for the advice. Rerolling charms... sounds like a great idea! They aren't guaranteed to become *better* though, are they? In fact, they can get worse.

Example: Took a GC with +7 life and resL +24% and cubed it with 3 pGems, got resL +24% without the +7 life. Tried the same GC again and got Adds 1-16 Lightning damage, no life, no resist. At least I cleared up some stash space on the mule. :)

As Krischan suggests, I'll try this again when (if) I get a char far enough into Hell mode to see Baal/Diablo/Nihlathak.|||You can trade 40 pgems for 1 HR on NL.

If you're in ladder, I'm sure there's plenty of stuff you can buy. A handful of pgems can get you a Vipermagi|||Roll 4X life skillers with them or trade thems against runes.|||Rolling sc's can be a good idea aswell, u never know when u will roll that 20life/5@sc which goes for a ridicioulus amount of Ber runes. |||All SCs worth mentioning can drop nearly everywhere in hell mode or even earlier, so it will need less time and resources to find one than finding 9 flawless gems.|||i would suggest you gather a whole char of gems like 140+, those rich and lazy people will love you with their HeaRt

No comments:

Post a Comment