Thursday, April 19, 2012

Newbie looking for help :)

Hello I have been playimg D2 loD for years and years, well on and off...

Never really been good at character build etc, whether it d2, WoW, well any rpg game, but rpgs are the best.

Anyways I have never really gotten much further than act 4 and decide that I want to try again from scratch

Basically I am stuck between a Hammerdin and a Blizz Sorc... I have spend hour apon hour looking through guide and build, but cant find a guide that really help me I am honest about it I am a noob at build and need almost a step by step build guide lol.

Could anyone help me out with a good character class the play SP and a build for its... ATM looking at a sorc because heard its a good way to gain items, basically going to play from scratch and have no items availible to me. any advice would be great.

Regards Karlash

p.s never really played a sorc or pala, but tried the rest|||Hello there, if your not to good or familiar with d2 characters, a hammerdin wouldnt be to recommend.

They do high damage, but require either gear, or good skills to use with ease, if your unfamiliar, its a pain to play.

A sorc is a good mf'er "magic find" usually ment to kill raremobs or bosses and such, with high magic find to easily and fast get new gear.

But any char will do if we are talking normal (sorc dont start to shine in mfing until nm/hell if I recall right)

In my oppinion, as first char, take whatever character (and build the playstyle that suits you), even if people yell "its not viable in hell!!11" well, atleast you learned more about the game, and you can respecc or recreate.

-Also if your not rushed/boosted, its a long way there. with loads of joy and learning, and some sad moments ofc.

Going from act1 to act5 normal wont take to long, if you have a friend or get someone here to help you "mule" things, you can join a game with him, drop items off, and create the new character you want to play and pick it up, so you wont really lose the stuff you found either. : )|||hey thanx a lot for your reply, i'll be playing alone.... its sad but true, either going the have to find mods (which i hate using btw) or try get online.

any suggestion on which an easy to use (i know there is no such thing) character? I have become a fan of having minions do the fighting from me, but also being able to kill by myself. over the years i have lost interest in the "bash it till it dies approach" , my only act 4 character was a "summoner" a crappy one at that, unfortunatly I lost my save when my pc died.

I have played the first 3 acts so much Im really not looking forwadr to it lol but keen to try a new approach.

well guess it leaves me with sorc or necro now.... suppose there are ways of getting to act 4 with out actaully playing but as i said i dont like using mods or hacks or cheats|||Well, if you want minions to do the work for you, Summon Necro's the obvious way to go. Incredibly non-gear dependent. Just walk slow and let your minions do the work for you.|||yah, a summoner necro with corpse explosion and a strong merc to get that first kill. :)

Either: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=349093

or http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=758633 (this one was easy to read and do after)



If you do singeplayer try using GoMule, to swap your gear btw chars and stash em. ^^

More about it here (http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=760286)|||Thanks for all the help.

When I get some time after work I'll start on my necro thanx again for the help

*edit*

Ok so found my old necro save *YAY* however the build really sucks and i cant respec not sure why???

so prob going to start again anyways.

Last question I promise (at least for this topic) which is better in the long run, to finish the game on all difficulties etc a Barb or pala, concerdering the Physical immunities that will be faced, I know i said i wasnt a fan of hack and slash characters, well beat them till they die, but Im really feeling the need just do it, onec again i dont have many items at this point so guess user friendliness is important unless i just go with it and get a respecc once i have good enough items.

Thanks again, i know im changing my mind all the time very sorry about that|||Have you tried low level dueling or HC?

PVP has low level dueling thread.

What happened to the sticky on this?|||no i dont play online much, tbh, thought about playing HC thou but not sure if I should, beside only have the one life whats there difference sorry bout the noob question?|||Quote:








no i dont play online much, tbh, thought about playing HC thou but not sure if I should, beside only have the one life whats there difference sorry bout the noob question?




There is no other difference, but it makes you think about and play the game very differently.|||with Blizz Sorc you have to worry about CI's, but not sure if's the hammer dmg can be blocked by PI. personally would go with the FB/Blizz Sorc. they have a good build on this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment