Thursday, April 19, 2012

Question about "The Pits" and the Keys

Hello,

After lots of reading I have started to run "The Pits" for runes and some items (don't expect a lot of them with only about 120MF). I did about 25 runs last night (including other places -> The Pit, Andariel, Countess, The Summoner, Mefo, Nihlatlak) but what I mentioned is that in all this 25 runs I have found only ONE rune in "The Pits" (the funny part is it was even not high rune -> tal). How peoples manage to get high runes from there when they almost don't drop? Is there anything I must do to get more runes droping (this way highering my chances to get nice runes)?



Also for that 25 runs I didn't got a single Key. Should I do anything about that too? Or I am just too unlucky? |||1) Run TEH COUNTESS!!! (for runes)

2) The Pits denizens can drop every high-end unique in D2.

3) Yes...you're unlucky...just keep going at them and eventually some of those buggers will cough up those keys.(if you're playing Single Players, those keys don't really matters because you CANNOT made the uber portal).

Hope that helps!|||Quote:








1) Run TEH COUNTESS!!! (for runes)

2) The Pits denizens can drop every high-end unique in D2.

3) Yes...you're unlucky...just keep going at them and eventually some of those buggers will cough up those keys.(if you're playing Single Players, those keys don't really matters because you CANNOT made the uber portal).

Hope that helps!




1) Doing this. Already can predict ~place of the next level entrance Still only low level runes

2) Can they drop the high-end runes too? That's what I read here and there. I guess I can swap gear a bit and get some more MF. (Does the MF on the merc sums up too? He have about 80 MF on gears too) MF doesn't affect rune drops right?

3) I am playing on Bnet. My SoSo is lvl87 if that matters for key drops?



And some off-topic: Point me to some topic that explains how to kill Ubers and so on for the torch with SoSo if that is even possible? Or I should just wait for a friend to come online and help me with his smiter...|||1. She has a high probability of dropping runes, just most of them are not going to be very 'high level'. You could always try upping them though.

2a. They can drop them, but the odds are more in favor of running somewhere else for 'high level' runes, iirc. You might also want to try the Travincal with say a WW or Leap Barb. The Barb has an advantage that he can use Find Item to 'double drop', % based off the skill level, most monster in the game, except for Act Bosses and some uniques like the countess. Or even cows if you avoid killing the Cow King.

2b. The MF on a mercenary adds with yours for things he kills. For the things you kill, only your MF applies. Summons use your MF as well.

2c. MF in no way effects rune drops. Nor does it effect the keys.

3. Level does not matter for keys to drop.

A smiter will make the run go a lot faster. Someone who plays online will be able to assist you more than I could though.|||There's a guide on The Pits in the Community Forum's Rules and Links Thread, also linked in my sig.|||25 runs is a very small amount. I've run the Ancient Tunnels literally thousands of times, and have only found two high runes there, Vex and Cham. Even with the increased drop chances of runes in 1.13, you shouldn't expect to find them regularly. I wish you the best of luck.

Edit: Example - Griswold has the best chance to drop a Vex in the game, and the odds are still one to 28,233 to see one dropping. Luck helps, but volume is king. (Corrected most likely monster from Andariel.)

No comments:

Post a Comment