Thursday, April 12, 2012

mercenaries

[:1]I have read various threads about different builds, and a lot of them strongly suggest a particular kind of mercenary. Unfortunately, the suggestion is always written in some shorthand abbreviation. Could someone tell me what mercenary is good for both a summoning necromancer, and a bow-using amazon? Please tell me in which act the mercenary may be found, and how to differentiate him from others available for hire.|||Might merc is the only choice for a summonmancer. Act 2, nightmare difficulty, "offensive."

Might is also good for a physical bowazon. Holy freeze can be good for a bowazon too, that's Act 2, Nightmare, "defensive."

There's a pretty complete Ultimate Merc Guide here on these very forums.|||Thank you. This is exactly what I needed.|||Oh, one follow up question. I scanned that guide that you pointed out, and from reading it, I am guessing that your recommendation is based on the fact that the mercenary's aura will benefit my summoned minions?

If I hire him out of Hell difficulty, will his final stats just not be quite as good, or is he just flatly not available in any difficulty other than nightmare? I ask because my necromancer is level 78, so if I hire one out of nightmare I'll have to play quite a bit in lower zones to level him up.|||i believe nm and hell mercs have different auras|||I just discovered that this is a non-issue. I talked to the hireling npc in a nightmare game, and all the mercenaries for hire were about my level. I did not know that would be the case.|||Quote:








I just discovered that this is a non-issue. I talked to the hireling npc in a nightmare game, and all the mercenaries for hire were about my level. I did not know that would be the case.




Yes, this got changed way back in version 1.10 of the game.|||i heard norm mercs have higher lvl auras? can anyone confirm this, i don't remember where i heard this originaly|||These should help.

Ultimate Merc Guide

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=306061

The Mercenary Guide v 1.10

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...d.php?t=304163

Given the choice between Normal and Hell difficulty mercenaries, I'd always choose Normal for the slightly higher stats. Nightmare is an entirely different aura so no comparison with the other two can be easily made.

No comments:

Post a Comment