Saturday, April 21, 2012

Inflation??

Just got back to Diablo 2 Sunday, after a 3 year hiatus. Starcraft 2 is a bit too stressful XD

So anyway I immediately started collecting good ol junk with my fishymancer. Thought I had some amazing trades...iths for puls, standard gems for ums, got homonc/shako for els and eths...I mean yeah pretty great anyway. I thought I was getting some decent wealth going.

But I keep seeing all this like 20 pgems for pul, 40 for ist. What?? Back when I played, it was 40 pgems for a pul I believe, and ists were up there. Is 20 pgems=pul right?

Am I late to this ladder or something and there have just been tons of dupings/runs already done?|||duping does not exist anymore I think, but bots are everywhere + the fact that the rune droprates have increased does pose as a plausible explanation.|||Rune droprates are up? That definitely explains it I guess.|||Yes, they released a patch that upped the Rune droprates significantly.



Don't take that to mean that you will find a Zod rune every other day =p

I still have never personally found a rune higher than Ohm, in ANY season I have played. So the rare runes are still fairly rare, but there is indeed an increased chance to drop, and across all of the Bnet players there will be a larger pool of runes to trade with due to this fact.|||Definately more runes out there. I've played for a decade, and found 1 HR prior to this ladder. 2 so far this time (Ber and Ohm)|||I remember we used to see EL and ELD a lot, now the most common ones are tal ral ort. It seems like the probability distribution has shifted to the right, which means relatively higher chances of dropping middle runes, but zod is still extremely rare. Lol when i see people looking for tir nowadays.|||Quote:








Lol when i see people looking for tir nowadays.




Lol indeed - play through Act II Normal and you get like half a dozen of them...|||Yeah i noticed I have SO MANY AMNS. Wtf do I do with all of them? At the same time, I never have enough tirs to keep rolling insights so I end up trading my low/mid uniques for the lower runes lol|||Quote:








Yeah i noticed I have SO MANY AMNS. Wtf do I do with all of them? At the same time, I never have enough tirs to keep rolling insights so I end up trading my low/mid uniques for the lower runes lol




You can gather some Tal Ort Thul, together with your Amn, you can trade them as Spirit rune set for some nice return. Just trade 10 set of spirit rune words for an Ist.

I got tones of Shael and don't what to do with them now, anyone got some suggestion?|||Spirit sets are a bit harder to sell if they don't come with Hels - of which you find significantly less.

I keep 3-5 Shaels on my rune mule and leave the rest on the ground. You can cube them up twice to produce Hel runes, but IMO it's not worth the hassle.

No comments:

Post a Comment